App v for Java Runtime Environment
JRE when present on local and virtual load the local version. Hence we need to make the virtual version to work.
Resolution and key notes:-
Procedure followed for the sequencing of this application
1) take clean sequencing machine (NO JRE(ANY VERSION) INSTALLED)
2) install JRE 1.6 locally on sequencing machine
3) launch "App-V Sequencer"
4) Click "Begin Monitoring"
5) during monitoring open "appwiz.cpl" and uninstall JRE 1.6
6) run the command from cmd "shutdown -r -t 0" to complete uninstallation of JRE 1.6
7) App-V sequencer captures the restart. Just stop monitoring and start monitoring (to complete restart process)
8) Now install the JRE 1.4 (during monitoring)
9) After completion of intallation create shorcut pointing to "iexplorer.exe"
10) Stop monitoring and save the captured sequence.
Test the sequence package with www.javatester.org/version.html
Packge works fine in both user and admin without any conflict with local JRE installed
Internet shortcut be created for the JRE files of this version to be loaded